Full-Time Process Technician Phoenix AZ
A World Class Manufacturing Facility has an opening in its Phoenix, AZ location for the following employee. Strong core values have been part of this multiple location manufacturing company since it’s inception in 1947. For over sixty five years, dedication to service to it’s customers through informational client consultations, manufacturing processes and problem solving has given this company a positive reputation for it’s dedication to details. Their demand for excellence in their product management, including testing, prototypes, EPA compliance, and turn key manufacturing solutions has proved their value to their customers. Excellent capabilities for fabrication of secondary automated equipment and robotics. CMM capabilities and APQP driven. Find out more about joining this team of professionals and becoming part of this respected team of employees.
Job Title: Injection Molding Process Tech
Reports To: Shift Supervisor
Purpose and Expectations:
The purpose of a Process Technician is to provide support to direct manufacturing activities. This is in the form of repairing fixtures, secondary equipment, minor mold repair, building robot arm tooling, storage of molds and fixtures, maintaining mold records, and mold / fixture preventative maintenance. The position will require familiarity with quality expectations.
In addition, each associate must understand the production standards and communicate any variances to the standard to their supervisor. All associates are expected to perform all activities in a safe manner and to report any safety concerns or injuries immediately. Work areas are to be maintained in a clean and organized state at all times. Also, the associate is to ensure that parts are being manufactured and packaged to meet customers’ expectations within a standard for each job.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide mold and fixture preventative maintenance.
- Maintain molds in running order. This includes and is not limited to vibration welders, sonic welders, welder nesting and robot auxiliary equipment.
- Must be at a skilled mechanics level.
- Requires a strong background in hydraulics, pneumatics, and electrical systems and controls.
- Store and document molds and fixtures.
- Change mold inserts (as equipment requires).
- Change secondary equipment inserts and nesting.
- Diagnose (troubleshoot) secondary equipment problems.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative attitude with co-workers, employer, customers and suppliers.
- Uphold a strong desire to learn new and changing technologies.
- Perform activities in a safe manner.
- Must have acceptable attendance record.
- Ability to manage and train subordinate(s).
- Must attend all mandatory company meeting and safety education sessions.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- A high level of ability to troubleshoot processing problems and make adjustments to make good parts is a requirement.
- Standing and walking for periods of eight hours at a time.
- Reaching, feeling, handling, grasping, twisting and turning.
- Feeling part inconsistencies and variances by touch; using your fingers.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling heavy objects, no limit on weight but most use good judgment on how things are moved and what assisted means are utilized.
- Ability to distinguish colors and shading.
- If the associate requires corrective vision lenses, they must have and use them to be able to perform the part quality inspections.
- Good communication skills with the ability to speak and perceive others clearly.
Environmental and Working Condition:
- Work with some chemicals.
- Work with electronics and hydraulics.
- Work in an environment where safety is always a priority.
- Various gauges and measurement instrumentation.
- Various machine controllers
High School Diploma (or equivalent).
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Effective oral and written communication with a wide variety of people.
- Understand and follow work rules
- Basic math functions, i.e. addition, subtraction, multiplication,divisionand percentages.
- Ability to work independently and within a group setting.
- Ability to provide proper and accurate instructions as well as receiving feedback.
- Knowledge of Injection molding process, secondary and robot equipment.
- Basic computer skills.
- Scientific molding experience is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Phoenix, AZ
- High school or equivalent
- Plastics: 3 years
- Injection Molding: 3 years
Required license or certification:
- Driver’s License
How to ApplyPlease Send Resume and Salary Requirements To: DFFJOC@gmail.com I will contact you - Thank you for your response. Debbie Foster
381 total views, 2 today