Full-Time Health Information Management Houston, Texas
Health Information Management
Current Job Opening:
Health Information Management (HIM) Supervisor
For Southeast Houston, TX Location.
- The HIM Supervisor plans, develops, and manages activities, work load and special projects for Health Information Management Department to meet the standards of ACR and MQSA.
- Assists in the planning of administrative and technical policies of the Health Information Management department & supervises employees who analyze and store permanent medical records of patients.
- Participates in the development of health information management policies and procedures on release of information, confidentiality, information security, information storage, and retrieval, and record retention.
- Recruits, selects, trains, and supervises subordinate personnel. Recommends various personnel actions, including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers, and vacation schedules.
- Reviews performance in area in supervision in relation to established goals to include standards and criteria, audit of deficiencies and follow-up; assists in implementing changes to effect continual improvement in services provides; and assures compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual statistical reports. Analyzes the data and develops any necessary corrective action plans.
- Assists the Center Director during any inspections or reviews of medical records by outside organizations; revises and maintains a well organized policy and procedure manual.
- Works on special projects as assigned. Also, perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein and performs other related work as required.
- Ability to interpret and apply established standards, regulations, and laws to specific operating problems. Knowledge of pertinent federal, state and local regulations governing records and reports.
- Ability to provide medical records training and monitor employee work to ensure proper maintenance and release of medical records. Handles complex inquiries that cannot be handled by medical record employees. Organizes and distributes the department workload.
- Ability to develop and install new or revised systems and procedures to improve the maintenance and content of medical records. Ability to monitor, maintain, and/or improve process used to upload and download images in PACS system, as well as other portals used to share images for the purpose of completing medical records requests.
- Ability to plan, assign, and supervise the activities of subordinate employees,
- Ability to apply standards and evaluate productivity.
- Ability to compile complex records and reports.
- Ability to assist Center Director during any inspections or reviews of medical records.
- Ability to ensure accurate and timely completion of assigned duties.
A minimum of two recent years of experience in a supervisory / management role in a traditional medical records department and/or a health information management department, health services, or patient management services with considerable knowledge of the functions of a medical records and/or health information management department.
About Our Company
The Rose offers Board Certified Radiologists, specialized technical staff, two Mammography and Diagnostic Imaging Centers plus a fleet of Mobile Mammography vans offer advanced breast cancer screening and diagnostic services including mammograms, ultrasounds, biopsies and access to treatment to more than 40,000 women annually. Since its launch in 1986, The Rose has served nearly 500,000 patients and is now the leading nonprofit breast health care organization in southeast Texas.
To meet the needs of insured and uninsured women (and sometimes men) in the Houston area and surrounding counties, The Rose depends on revenue from paying customers, grants and donations.
Mission: Saving lives through quality breast health services, advocacy and access to care for all
Job Type: Full-time
- Health Information Management: 2 years
- Supervisory: 2 years
How to Apply
Please Send Resume and Salary Requirements To:
Thank you for sharing this open position
375 total views, 1 today